NMPHI IS NOW HIRING.
Behavioral Health Professional-Rehabilitative Community Support Service (Section 28)
Pay Rate: $12.50
Mainly in Lewiston but may have to work and travel to cities in Androscoggin County (mileage reimbursement available).
New Mainers Public Health Initiative is looking for independent, dedicated, caring, compassionate and dependable Behavioral Health Professional to provide in-home support services for children with developmental and cognitive disabilities. The BHP will help the child they are working with master daily living skills, decreasing unsafe behaviors, and empower the family by educating and connecting them to appropriate community resources.
• Knowledge of developmental disabilities and treatment/support strategies.
• Implementation of Individual Treatment Plan (ITP).
• Adherence to the child’s safety and crisis plan.
• Ability to access and employ community resources.
• Conduct all activities and interactions in a professional, caring manner.
• Work in a cooperative and collaborative manner as a team member.
• Ability to help the client to work towards independence and self-reliance.
• Attendance of all mandatory meetings, supervisions and trainings.
• Ability to turn in up-to-date daily progress notes and additional comments and
reports in a timely manner.
• Provide transportation for children, as needed, as indicated in the ITP, and
adherence the safety guidelines set for the client.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Reliable transportation and a clean driving record is a must.
• Prove of insurance of vehicle.
• Compassionate, caring attitude.
• Willingness to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Flexible scheduling.
• BHP certificate is helpful but not required (must complete BHP module I training within 30 days of hire).